Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)
Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)title
Those Student Learner Outcomes identify that we will graduate students who are...
Civic-Minded and Culturally Aware and who
- Demonstrate personal integrity and responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Understand their role and responsibility in the collective pursuit of a just, healthy, and inclusive society.
- Acknowledge, understand, interact, and respect people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Understand how to make ethical, moral, and responsible decisions.
Creative thinkers who
- Reflect on past learning and experience when faced with new situations and challenges.
- Question, reason, and weigh evidence to reach conclusions.
- Imagine, improvise, innovate, and adapt in order to solve problems and address new challenges.
- Convey his/her/their message effectively in multiple modalities.
- Remain open to communicating with a variety of people, and are responsive and receptive to others’ input.
- Utilize technology appropriately as an enhancement to communication efforts.
- Express ideas and information confidently, accurately, and creatively.
- Explore areas of interest for academic and personal success.
- Attain proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics and apply those skills to all academic areas.
- Summarize, analyze, evaluate, compare/contrast, and synthesize ideas and information from different sources to draw reasoned conclusions.
- Make distinctions between essential and non-essential information, fact and opinion, propositions and arguments, and distinguish between cause and effect.
Responsible and Productive and who
- Take responsibility for actions and decisions.
- Are able to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve a goal.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, effective time management, punctuality, and academic integrity.
Critical Thinkers and Problem-solvers who
- Synthesize and evaluate information using multiple, credible sources.
- Work collaboratively toward solutions.
- Reflect on and analyze their own learning.