I. Course Selection Process
1. On Friday, January 11, PHS students received course selection information and paperwork from their English teacher. Your child will need to review course selection materials, complete any needed paperwork and input course selections on the Aeries Portal according to the following schedule:
- Incoming Grade 10 students Between Jan 14 – 20
- Incoming Grade 12 students Between Jan 21 – 27
- Incoming Grade 11 students Between Jan 28 – Feb 3
- Incoming Grade 9 students Between Feb 4 - 10
Note: The Pioneer High School Aeries Portal instructions and the video presentation shown to your student will be available on the school website (http://phs.wjusd.org) to assist you with the process.
2. Students & families will fill out the course selection sheet, and then go online to input course selections using your Aeries Portal account. Use dates in #1 above as a guide to complete the process.
II. Aeries Portal Account
An Aeries Portal account is required to input course selections. If you have not done so already, you will need to activate your Portal account before your scheduled course selection period as listed above. Students can always access Aeries Portal using campus computers in the Library before and after school and during lunch and by using their assigned Chromebook.
If you need help, please contact our Registrar, Irene Olmedo, in the Counseling Office or call 406-1148.
III. Course Selection Paperwork Collection and Review
Counselors will be meeting with all students in English classrooms as follows:
- Incoming 10th graders The week of Jan 22
- Incoming 12th graders The week of Jan 28
- Incoming 11th graders The week of Feb 4
- Incoming 9th graders The week of Feb 12 (at DMS)
Note: Counselors will be reviewing student transcripts and course selections throughout February and March and available for meetings as needed. During these meetings, changes to the originally selected courses may be made.
Please help us ensure that your student is appropriately placed in classes for the upcoming school year by encouraging attendance and follow-through on the aforementioned dates.